Saturday, August 1, 2009

Damn the Typos!!!

Well, another book down. I'm flying through these things. Three books in, so far, under a week? Not too shabby.

This one, "The Dragon's Touchstone," buy Irene Radford, is about magicians trying too find a new source of magik; On that is less destructive and preserves the balance between magic and nature.

The book was pretty good. The main problem I had with itt was the incredibly large number of typos in it. Weather it was strays quotation marks, making it difficult to tel when a person started and stopped talking, or misspelled words, or varius other mistakes, it made it terribly difficult to read at ties.

I understand that spellcheck misses words that are not the word you intened, but are still spelled properly. In this case, though, there were combinations of letters that simply spelked nothing! As an example, in a sentence about auras, I came across the word "auara." What the hell is an auara?!? Do I need to look that up on Wikipedia?

The funniest part about it is that my built-in spellchecker did not flag that as an improperly spelled word when I typed it here. Hold on a second while I look it up...

According to dictionary.com, "No results found for auara."

WTF?!?

Anyway, the book isn't that difficult to read, in truth. It is a pretty good book, too, with a great cliffhanger, so I highly recommend it.

And no more typoes!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment